ECOTONE™ RADIO FREQUENCY / MICROWAVE ABSORBERS
ECOTONE™ Microwave absorbers are increasingly being used to enhance shielding performance at higher frequencies. ECOTONE™ Offers a wide product range broadband absorbers.
Pyramidcal Absorber or geometrically tapering shape absorber performance is directly related to size – low frequency performance requires longer pyramids, 96 inch absorber provides 35 dB absorption at 125 MHz increasing to 50 dB at 13 GHz.
FEATURES OF RF ABSORBERS
- RAM is designed and shaped to absorb incident RF Radiation.
- Comprised of fireproofed urethane foam loaded with carbon.
- The more effective the RAM is the less will be the level of reflected RF radiation.
- Available with wide range of thicknesses and absorbencies.
- Meets the fire retardant requirements of NRL specification 8093 tests 1, 2 and 3.
RF ABSORBERS (RAM)
- Quite Zone better then – 52 dB.
- Temperature resistant.
- 0.5 Watt/in2 or 775 Watt/m2 Power Handling.
- Long performance warranty
- Tested as per IEEE standards
- Fire retardant as per NRL 8093
- Long product life up to 25 years.
- ROHS compliance for safety.
- RF absorbing materials used in anechoic chambers provide reflection coefficients better than -40 dB.
- It means that is an EM wave in incident normally to the surface RAM, the reflected wave would be 40 dB smaller
PERFORMANCE OF ABSORBERS
- The lowest test frequency of operation, at which measured reflections from the internal surfaces will be the most significant compared to higher frequencies.
- Pyramidal RAM is at its most absorptive when the incident wave is at normal incidence to the internal chamber surface when the pyramid height is approximately equal to λ / 4, where λ is the free space wavelength.
- Accordingly, increasing the pyramid height of the RAM for the same square base size improves the effectiveness of the chamber at low frequencies
ABSORBER SIZE VS FREQUENCY
- The size of the absorber determines its lowestfrequency operation.
- At lower frequencies, the wavelength is larger. Therefore, a larger absorber must be used.
- Usually absorbers that perform well at low frequencies, perform well at high frequency as well.